Monday 2 May 2011

To Conclude...


So, what to say to conclude all this?

Well, I really enjoyed my trip to Scotland! =) I spent a whole week all alone and I barely had time to get bored at all! I have to say I'm really tired though. I tend to be a bit over-ambitious with my visits. But that's because I'm anxious to de, see, visit and well, experience everything! So I did as much as I could and it was a bit too much at times – especially in Edinburgh. But I don't regret anything! I don't think I can really. I know Edinburgh and Glasgow like the back of my hand now mwa ha ha. Not.

So. I'd heard bad things about Glasgow. But I had the chance to see it for myself and once again, you should never base your opinion on other people's (I say “again” because I'd heard bad things about Newcastle and Bristol and I liked both cities very much). Glasgow is not a beautiful city, like Edinburgh, but it sure is an interesting city worth visiting – in my opinion. It's very animated and the place is very much alive! Yes, they are some gloomy places, but they conceal wonders. By wonders I mean Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I'm lucky, because I was interested in learning about his life and work and gosh wasn't I disappointed! Of course, I guess that people who don't give a monkey about design and architecture might get pretty bored of Glasgow, but I do give a damn, and I had a lovely time chasing Mackintosh around the city =D

What about Edinburgh now? Well, I already knew it was beautiful and stuff, as I'd been before, but boy, it was like a slap in the face! I didn't remember it was so amazing! Edinburgh is definitively the highlight of my trip and I think I can even say that it's the nicest place I've been to in the UK during my assistantship!

So that's it guys! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my adventures in Scotland as much as I enjoyed living them! =D To finish with, here are some random pictures of Edinburgh and Glasgow! Enjoy!

Edinburgh












This is the Scottish version of "Keep Calm and Carry On". Apparently, it means "Oh Shut Up and Get On With It"!









Glasgow





No comments:

Post a Comment