Monday 2 May 2011

12 April 2011

Ok! SO I had some more Mackintosh stuff to visit! In the morning, I went to see the House for an Art Lover. I took the subway, as it's quite far from the centre, and I really didn't feel like walking miles and miles. I'm tired. I still had to walk for 10-15 minutes from the subway station. The area was quite gloomy and it was raining again! But it was all worth it! I really really loved the visit! The House was built according to Mackintosh's portfolio of drawings, which were submitted as a competition entry to a German design magazine. I was the first visitor, which means that my pictures are totally tourist-free! Hehehe. My favourite room was definitively the Music Room. Wonderful!















Then, I took the subway again to go to the Scotland Street School Museum. I honestly didn't like it. The exterior is dry and scary and the interior is even worse. It's white and green, the ceilings are low, which make it all feel like a frightening old hospital for crazy people. I felt like I was in one of the buildings of Shutter Island lol.

Finally, I took the subway, walked and walked and walked to visit my last Mackintosh building: Queen's Cross, the Mackintosh Church. Only to find out that it was closed... the new 2011 timetable grml. And it's also closed on Thursdays now, which means I won't ever be able to go inside. But I saw the outside. And saved £2 yay!



After that, I went on the second part of the bus tour, to see the Cathedral, Provand's Lordship, the oldest house in Glasgow, Necropolis (the city of the dead) and the People's Palace and Winter Gardens, in front of which stands the biggest terracotta fountain in the world. Quite cool!












Tomorrow, I'm going to the the Loch Ness yay! I just hope the weather won't be too horrible =S

No comments:

Post a Comment