Monday 2 May 2011

A Royal Wedding


Some of you might think it's cheesy to dedicate an article to the Royal Wedding, but hey, it's a big thing for the British. And I was there when it happened! So I think it's kind of cool!

Once again, my host mum and I were invited to watch the wedding at her sister's! We spent a lovely evening, watching a programme about the.... Royal Wedding and eating loads of crisps and dips!

On Friday, I woke up at around 8:30am and that's more or less when we all started watching the wedding. Until 10:30pm for me. And 5:30AM for my host mum and her sister!

I really enjoyed the wedding. Here are the things that I really liked about it: I really enjoyed seeing the complicity between William and Kate throughout the whole service, especially when the priest addressed the couple; Harry's commentary when he saw Kate walking down the aisle (I made some research on the Internet and apparently, he said "Wait 'till you see her"); it made me smile when William said "You are beautiful" to Kate and I also liked the fact that he seemed to retrain a huge smile throughout the whole thing; Kate's reaction when she stepped on the balcony and saw the huge crowd cheering; William's whisper on the balcony ("One more, one more kiss"); the couple's exit in Aston Martin, which I found really quite cool and fun! Oh and I really thought William wouldn't be able to put the ring on his wife's finger!


What about THE dress? Well, I was a bit disappointed. It's a beautiful, elegant, classy and queen-like dress, but I was waiting for something more wow. Not the extravagant-big-fat-gipsy-wedding type of wow dress, but Kate's sister Pippa's kind of wow dress. I fell in love with that dress! When I saw Kate, I thought "yeah, all right". But when I saw Pippa, I thought "oh. WOW" He dress was simple, yet there was something really special about it and gosh, for me it's perfection incarnated. And her hair was really nice too. Actually, it's exactly how I'd like to look as a bride =P


So yeah, I actually enjoyed the 29th of April! I spent it right like I thought it should have been spent: quietly, with two people that I like, sitting on a comfy sofa for the whole day and eating unhealthy food! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment