Monday 2 May 2011

14 April 2011

Here we are! My last day in Scotland already! I'm in the train back to Ely. Hopefully, it won't have any delays. I hate it when that happens; it makes me nervous. But so far so good, so fingers crossed!

I had a nice day today! I bought some make-up, which made me in a good mood. And not only did I buy make-up, but I was made-up by a lady in the shop too, so that was quite nice!

After that, I went on the walking tour. This one wasn't free, but it was only £5, so not bad at all! It was all right. Not the best walking tour ever, but I got to spend about three hours with young people: a girl from Ireland, two girls from Canada, one from Jamaica, a guy from Mexico and on from California (who was quite cute =P). They were nice, and the guide was quite young, too, so we all got to chat and that was nice!

The tour ended at the cathedral and just next to it is Necropolis, the city of the dead. I didn't feel like climbing up there on Tuesday, but I felt like it today, and so did most of the people in the group, so we all went. It was quite cool. Must be kinda creepy at night though haha. The guide had told us that up there in the cemetery was a grave designed by... guess who? Yay, Mackintosh! I wanted to see it obviously, but there are many graves in that graveyard and I sure didn't want to spend ages wandering around to find the Mackintosh grave. I'll google it later.
Here are a couple of pictures or Necropolis!



And finally, I went back to my hotel to get my suitcase, had a nice Starbucks cappuccino and took the train! A 5:45 journey's ahead of me lol. Ouch. And I have two changes. At least it gives me time to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment