Friday 27 May 2011

Last Week in Soham

Well guys, that's it. Today was my very last day as a Foreign Language Assistant. It feels strange. Time has gone by SO quickly, it's incredible! I remember my first day and it feels like it was ages ago and yesterday at the same time. It's confusing.

We had a lovely farewell meal in Ely on Wednesday, at The Cutter Inn. We chatted and laughed a lot. I had an amazing time. And the food was great! I had a fruity chicken curry and a massive slice of chocolate fudge cake. Yum! I think everyone enjoyed their food. It was a lovely way to say goodbye!


Today, I had to sort out some paperwork: tax forms, certificate of service, pay slip etc etc... It took some time, but it's done now, phew! No more dreadful paperwork. God I hate it.

At lunch time, Tatjana and I got some presents! Again! It's SO nice =) We got: a lovely card, again, full of heart-warming compliments, a bar of Cadbury chocolate, a Union Jack pen and a Union Jack mug. I'm really happy about that last thing, as I was seriously thinking about bringing one home hehehe. All the teachers said that they'd enjoyed working with us and stuff. It made me a bit emotional.

Also, I've now got another really good reference letter. I'll keep those preciously, as I'm sure they're gonna be useful for the future!

And then it was time to say goodbye! We hugged and kissed and said we'd stay in touch and that was it! I think we were lucky to be in this school, as all the teachers were really nice and friendly. It was a pleasure to be with them and I really felt like I was part of the Soham Village College MFL department =)


Goodbye, Soham Village College!

No comments:

Post a Comment