Monday 2 May 2011

13 April 2011

Today, I went up north! Loch Ness and the Highlands. It was a mini-coach tour. We left at about 8:15am and came back at about 7:30pm. So it was a long day. And a lot of driving. The weather was not so good so I was actually quite happy to stay in the coach and admire the beautiful landscape. The guide was not the best guide I've had, but he was all right.

We first stopped at Loch Lochmond, for 5 minutes, just enough time to take 2-3 pictures. It was nice, but not extraordinary.


After that, we drove through Glencoe and that was amazing! The low clouds gave the place a really dramatic – even romantic – feel!




And eventually, we arrived at the Loch Ness! I honestly have to say I was a bit disappointed. It's just a lake. A nice one, sure, but it's nothing special. But I guess 1h30 there is not enough. I guess you'd need to spend a couple of days there and walk around to truly enjoy it! If you like walking that is. But still, I was more impressed by the Lake District. It's similar to the Highlands (in my opinion) but it's much smaller and narrower, and I like that!
 
I went on a cruise, which is a 5-star cruise. I don't really understand why, but it was not bad. But it was £10.50 (discount price) and I think it's a bit much. We were lucky because we didn't have rain then hehe. We saw the Castle of Urquhart too, which was quite nice.






I didn't see Nessie though... Not the real one at least mwa ha ha, cause you can see it pretty much everywhere: toys, magnets, figurines, … I wanted to ask for a refund, but I restrained myself mwa ha ha.


And then it was already time to head back to Glasgow!
I enjoyed the tour, but I would have liked to spend more time in Fort William and Inverness, where we only stopped for a couple of minutes. But of course, it's one-day trip, and the Loch Ness is really far up north, so it's not possible to get everything! I'm really happy I went on this tour. It made me want to go again and see more. Besides, I saw amazing sceneries! =D

Tomorrow's the last day already! And I don't think I'm gonna do much. I'll go on a walking tour – yeah, I know, but I like those! – around the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment