Wednesday 11 May 2011

"To be, or not to be: that is the question"

Good morrow dear friends!

I hope thou art merry!

Yeah right ok, I thought I'd write the whole article in Shakespeare English, but that's not gonna work is it... All this to say that yesterday, Tatjana and myself went to London to see Hamlet at the Globe Theatre!




But before the play, we had lunch at OSatsuma, a Japanese restaurant in Soho. I had been there before, with my two friends, in February. The food is SO nice and not too expensive!

Then it was time to go to the Globe. We didn't have to queue, nothing, and we found a good spot, in the shade!






The play started at two o'clock and lasted for about 2h30, with a short break. I really enjoyed it, even though I didn't understand quite everything. Good thing I knew the story beforehand really, otherwise, I'd have been completely lost! It was really funny at times and very entertaining. Standing for almost three hours was not that comfortable, but I really wanted to have a standing spot. First of all, it was really, really cheap, and second of all, I think it's much more fun! And it was! Especially since the weather and temperature were PERFECT!!!

To finish with, here is a picture of the actor who played Hamlet:


Farewell now!
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment