Thursday 19 May 2011

Last Week In Ely

And here we are... This week was my last week at City of Ely Community College! I still can't believe I'm almost done. Time has flown, it's incredible. I don't think I've fully realised yet.

On Wednesday, we all went to Peacocks to have some tea and cake. I had Chocolate Imperial tea (a chocolate and toffee flavoured black tea) and a chocolate scone with clotted cream and blackcurrant jam. It was luuuuscious! Tatjana had a fruit cake with some Spring tea, one of the teachers had an ordinary fruit scone and another one had some tea cake. I think we all enjoyed our tea - I, at least, did! We had a lovely time and Tatjana and I got some presents! We got: a little book about East Anglia, a Cromwell bookmark (I got the green one, yay!), a nice bracelet and a lovely farewell card, full of compliments and lovely notes =D I was genuinely touched as I really wasn't expecting anything. It was a nice surprise!!


 The Head of Department also wrote Tatjana and I a killer reference letter, saying how brilliant we had been and how outstanding our command of English is mwa ha ha XD

Lesson-wise, I didn't do anything special. I don't think my pupils know that they won't be seeing me around any more really haha. Except for my Year 12s and 13s. The latter were a bit upset when I told them it was my last lesson today, because they didn't know. I thought I'd told them though, but apparently not... Oh well. I gave them some proper Swiss chocolate and I think they were surprised and happy about it! They said thank you and that I had been useful to them. I hope it's true! I wished them all the best for their last exams.

And then it was time to say goodbye to the teachers. We hugged and farewelled and they all told me good luck for my future, which is nice! All the teachers are really nice at Ely; we had good laughs together! I'm definitively gonna miss one of the teacher's "accent du Midi". Also, I'm gonna miss having lunch there, as all the teachers were always SO funny!
 

Goodbye, City of Ely Community College! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment