Sunday 31 October 2010

Day Out in Norwich

To finish half-term, I decided to go to Norwich. I went by myself; planned an itinerary, took the train and had a lot of fun, even on my own!

Norwich is really popular for shopping, but it's also a lovely city! Many people had told me it was nice, and gosh, they were right! I really enjoyed my day out there!

I started with the Cow Tower, which used to be part of the fortifications of the city of Norwich.



After that, I went to see the cathedral. It's a really beautiful building, really impressive. Not as impressive as Ely's cathedral though. But that's just my opinion.



I went inside, and believe it or not, it was free!



And one more for the road!


Then I walked along Elm Hill, a historic cobbled street, which is really famous for its old buildings, dating from the Tudor period. It's said to be one of the finest streets in the UK.


I then headed to Norwich Castle, which sits on a hill, thus overhanging the whole city. I was quite impressed by this unusual, cubic castle!


It is a museum now. I visited it. There was art, history, natural history, decorative arts; a lot of different things! That was quite nice, especially seeing the castle's interior! I didn't take any pictures though, as I don't really like taking pictures inside buildings...

After that, I went into Norwich's streets. It was really crowded and noisy. I liked that. People shopping, chatting! I walked along a covered street. There I found Colman's Mustard Shop & Museum (the museum was closed though). It was really nice!!




You could even taste mustard! And I did. Haha it was quite nice. But the mustard biscuits were really strange... And there was some mustard chocolate, but I was not brave enough to taste that...

Then, I walked through the market to see the Forum, which is a community building. The BBC is there, I think... That's a really modern building. I'm not sure I like it, but here is a picture anyway:


And then, I just walked around, did a bit of shopping, and enjoyed the glorious weather! For your information, and as you've probably noticed on almost all of my pictures, the weather has been really good lately. So don't trust people who say it's always raining in England! Thing is, the weather is moody; it can be really sunny one minute, and rainy the other. If you don't like the weather in England, just wait a minute!

And here are two last pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment