Sunday 31 October 2010

Day Out in Bury St. Edmunds

On Thursday, I went to Bury St. Edumunds with Kathy and Scarlett, my host family. It was really nice! Kathy was raised there so she knows the place really well!

Bury St. Edmunds is lovely! Its Abbey Gardens are famous and I really enjoyed visiting them. People can sit on and play around the abbey's ruins. I think that's quite unusual, but nice!

On our way to the Abbey Gardens, we passed the smallest pub in England!


Here is the Gardens' gate!


Isn't it nice? Anyway, then we went inside and I took quite a lot of pictures of the ruins. In my opinion, they look a bit like termite nests don't you think?






I hope you enjoyed those! Well I like Bury, even though I still prefer Cambridge.

In the evening, we went to Kathy's sister to have a traditional roast dinner! That was yummy yummy! So I had a proper English day! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment