Thursday 17 March 2011

Cardiff / Caerdydd, Wales


On Saturday, I went to Cardiff with my friend and two other French assistants who work in Bristol. We arrived there at around 11pm, so quite late, and went back to Bristol at 18pm. But we still had time to see everything we wanted to!

We started with the castle. It's quite expensive, but I'm happy we went in. It's quite cool and the interior is beautiful; full of decorations and gold. Quite flashy in fact, but I liked it. I couldn't live in such a place though. Too much going on, it would do my head in eventually!

Here are the pictures!


A gargoyle! That's the Animal Wall (I think). I found it pretty cool!




You can notice that the castle combines several different architectural styles. It's nice! It reminds me of a castle I visited in Portugal; a real Disney castle. Ok, I know, that was a random comment. But for the sake of it, and because I feel like adding a bit of colour to this greyness (if I had to assign a colour to the UK, it would be grey. Or red - the bricks you see?), I'll show you a picture!



That's Cardiff castle again, in case you hadn't noticed.




That's a trebuchet. Mwa ha ha the ancestor of the bazooka. Maybe. Hihi


Oh my god! What's that? Well, that's ME, messing around the Welsh dragon. Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwrrrrr (ok, that's supposed to imitate the cry of a dragon). I don't look like it, but trust me, I was freaking out. He's very scary, that dragon.


View from the tower. That funky building there is the Civic Hall.

The following pictures are from the interior of the castle. Enjoy!






Then we went down town to have a look. The city was animated because a rugby match took place on Saturday: Wales against Ireland. Apparently, people are quite fond of rugby there. So the streets were filled with supporters, crazy dressed and made up people, carrying crazy stuff around, and drinking like fish!




After that, we went to the National Museum Gallery of Wales. It's free and it's quite a nice museum! It tells the story of Wales and there is an art exhibition as well!


Here it is.


Next to the museum is the Civic Hall (you know, the funky building!).


Some random (but cool) thing in the middle of a street.



After that, we walked to Cardiff Bay, the modern district of the city. It's hip, it's where young people go. It was quiet though, as everyone was down town in pubs, watching THE match! But it was still nice!



Pierhead building.


Millennium Centre.


And then we headed back to the centre to take the train back to Bristol! I had a really nice day with my friend and the two assistants! And I'm really happy to have visited the capital city of Wales! One more capital off my list!! =D

Hope you enjoyed the article!

No comments:

Post a Comment