Thursday 17 March 2011

Bristol

I visited some bits of Bristol on Friday and on Sunday. I had some time left when I came back from Bath so I thought it'd be nice to have a look around. I saw St Mary Redcliffe church, Bristol cathedral, the library, the university, the harbour... It was nice!


I know the picture is crap, but this is Temple Meads train station, and I think it looks cool, hence the *crappy* picture.


St Mary Redcliffe church.



Then basically, I just went to where my steps would take me. There are signs everywhere so I just followed those which inspired me haha. Random pictures:






That's the cathedral!







That huge tower you can see here is part of the University of Bristol.




Above, two pictures of a really nice house that belonged to a certain John Foster, mayor of Bristol in the 15th century. This house is at the top of the Christmas Steps, a historic street. Pretty cool huh? Here are the steps:


So that's what I saw on Friday. But I still had a lot to see and we went for a nice walk on Sunday with my friend. The weather was glorious. It was perfect. I didn't feel like I was in England at all. In fact, the places we saw reminded me a lot of Italy. The sunny weather added to that impression!

First, we went back to the harbour and walked around.


That's next to @Bristol, a museum for kids, science related I reckon. That weird twisted thing points to the Sun. It can point to the Moon, or to Mars if you want it to! All you have to do is type the name of the planet you want the twisted thing to point towards! I made it point to Mars and wanted to take a picture, but as some of you may know, it's kinda hard to take a picture of a screen.... -->




Here's me pointing Cambridge hehehehehe


Nice coloured houses =)


SS Great Britain. You can go on it but we didn't. It's not free of charge...


The Royal York Crescent, believed to be the longest crescent in Europe! That's in Clifton. Really pretty isn't it?


Random - yet super cute - terrace in Clifton.



That's Clifton Suspension Bridge. Ok. Not as impressive as the Golden Gate Bridge or the Brooklyn Bridge, but still quite nice, don't you think?


View from the bridge.


Cute little houses, still in Clifton.


Cute little arcade.

To finish with, here is the picture of a picture. A painting rather. Or fresco. Whatever. Here it is:


Ignore the blue stains. Some moron thought it'd be funny to throw blue paint at this fresco. Some people are unbelievable!!! Anyway, this is one of many Banksy artworks in the city. He's a graffiti artist. But my friend has only ever seen that one. She told me there are plenty though.

Ok! That's the end of this article! I hope you've enjoyed reading it! My weekend in the south-west of Britain was a good one. It was interesting and a lot of fun too! Besides, I've learned a new expression, which, in my opinion, fits me like a glove: to get itchy feet (meaning that you start to want to travel or do something different (Cambridge Dictionaries Online)). I definitively have itchy feet. I love to travel and to discover new and exciting things!

=D

1 comment:

  1. And do you know who's now living in that John Foster's nice house as you said? Students? Can you belive it ? It became a students residence some years ago. I was shocked :o x
    Kloey

    ReplyDelete