Saturday 18 December 2010

School's Christmas Dinner


I knew I had forgotten to write about something!!

On Wednesday, with the Soham teachers, we went to Cambridge for the annual Christmas dinner. We went to that restaurant called "Loch Fyne". It was really nice and the food was very tasty. Ok. Apart from the broccolis, which were undercooked and thus really crunchy. But not in a good way haha.

For the starter, I had chicken liver paté. That was yummy! Really enjoyed that! Then I had pan-fried salmon with red cabbage (mmmh...), roast potatoes and some crunchy broccolis. The dessert was sublime. I had a chocolate and orange torte with some raspberry coulis. I didn't want it to end, so I tried to make it last as long as possible. That was truly delicious!

Also, I had a good time with the teachers! We cracked some crackers, laughed at the bad jokes and messed around with the paper hats. After the main course, we did "secret Santa". Before the meal, everyone had got an envelope with someone's name and had to buy that someone a present. Then, my mentor put all the presents in a sack and distributed them! I got Body Shop shower gel and body lotion, in a funky Santa bag =D That was fun! I had never done secret Santa before!

No comments:

Post a Comment