Friday 17 December 2010

An English Christmas Dinner


Last Sunday, my host mum cooked a Christmas dinner for us. She invited her sister and nephews. She wanted me to experience an English Christmas (I'm going home for Christmas so I won't be spending it here).

The menu was: smoked salmon on toast and prawn cocktail for the starter. Then we had the traditional turkey, with sprouts, parsnips, roast potatoes, sausage, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing, carrots and gravy. For dessert, we had the famous Christmas pudding. That was fun because my host mum poured Brandy on it and set it alight. Then she poured some cream on it and it was ready! I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, because it's just some candied fruit and I don't like candied fruit, but it was actually quite tasty! We also had some mince pies, that my eight-year-old host sister made herself and they were yummy!

Here is a picture of how the meal looked like:


Here is the pudding:

















And the mince pies!










After the meal, we cracked some crackers. That was fun! Inside, there was a paper crown, a small gift (I got tweezers) and a joke. My joke was: - What do you call a reindeer with no eyes? - No eye deer. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha!


I had a really nice time and I'm happy to have experienced a true English Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment