Sunday 27 February 2011

Leeds, Yorkshire

The train journey to Leeds was a long, boring and tiring one. When we arrived at the station, we decided to take a taxi to our hotel, as we really didn't feel like walking with those suitcases any more!

We checked in the hotel and got our room. It was a nice room, given the price we paid! The shower was a bit smelly and not 100% clean and the bed was not the most comfortable bed ever, but apart from that, the room was nice!

So the next day, we visited Leeds! I have to say I was a bit disappointed. Leeds is not pretty. I found it a bit "dirty" and not really interesting. But after three nights there, it grew on me after all. It's a shopping paradise and there's a nice atmosphere.

I'm just going to show you some pictures, as I think they're better than words =)











And in the evening, we had dinner at Jamie's Italian, of of Jamie Oliver's restaurants! Mmmh the food was very, very good indeed! Tatjana had gluten-free tomato pasta. I had pan-fried mackerel with fregola (a sort of pasta from Sicily), crunchy vegetables and basil sauce, accompanied by salad and polenta cakes. As the portions were quite small, I ordered a dessert: a lemon tart with sour whipped cream, raspberries and pistachios. That was AMAZING!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment