Tuesday 5 October 2010

Soham & Ely - The Towns

I've been in England for a bit more than one week now. So I wanted to tell you a bit more about the place I live in, and work in.


Soham

Soham is a really small, but cute town. There are two supermarkets - and I still need to check one out -, a couple of pubs, a post office, two primary schools and a college (obviously, the one I'm working at). There is also a really nice church surrounded by really nice graves. I'm half serious here haha. It's a quiet place, but there is everything one needs. Except maybe for cinemas, nightclubs and dancing lessons. But I can find those elsewhere. The only problem is that the bus network is rubbish. I've seen worse though. At least, there are some buses...

Here are a couple of pictures of Soham:



The church:



The Cooperative supermarket:


The Red Lion pub:



Ely

Ely is considered a city, because there is a cathedral there. A beautiful, massive one! I haven't had the time to really explore the city, but I like it. And this cathedral is amazing. You can see it from the Soham-to-Ely road and it's really nice! There is a river running through the city, and I've heard that it looks nice around there. I should go soon! I'm happy to say that there is a Starbuck's Coffee in Ely =D And some nice shops too, though that could become kind of dangerous for my wallet...

Here are some pictures of the cathedral:






So here you are! I hope you enjoyed the pictures! =)

1 comment: